over 1 year ago
Homelessness Support Worker,
Full Time, Temporary
Are you knowledgeable towards homeless legislation? Are you looking for a rewarding opportunity in homelessness and support, working with rough sleepers?
A challenging, but rewarding opportunity has arisen on behalf of a client based in Kent. The opportunity is for a Homelessness Support Worker to offer outreach support to the homeless and rough sleepers. This post will be for six months initially, with a view to extend and will operate within the Housing Services team.
What they expect from you:
- Working with rough sleepers and those facing the threat of homelessness
- Carrying a caseload of clients
- Engaging in "street work" and verifying rough sleepers
- Building trust and offering support to clients with complex needs, such as; drug and alcohol misuse
- Support planning and key working
- Liaising with partner agencies to deliver multi-agency reports, review risks and intervene when needed
- Providing advice on accommodation and housing options
- A basic DBS
- Able to adapt flexible working
- Good level of general education including Maths and English
- Driving licence, vehicle and relevant insurance
The ideal candidate will have experience with rough sleepers or have dealt with issues surrounding homelessness.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Homelessness Support Worker role, please apply now, or contact Ebony Simpson at Sellick Partnership on 01332 542580 for further information
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice.