£200 - £250 per day
over 1 year ago
Liquid error: internal
Housing Allocations Manager
Milton Keynes / Home based
Full time, Temp with an opportunity to go Perm
We are working with a Milton Keynes based organisation who is currently seeking a highly experienced Housing Allocations Manager. The role will be offered on a temporary, full time contract.
Purpose of role: To allocate properties and make nominations to registered providers in line with the clients Allocation policy and enable tenants to move in accordance with national mobility schemes.
- Lead and develop a team of professionals to provide an effective allocations service including statutory responsibilities for the allocations scheme and housing register
- Responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of the Choice Based Lettings scheme and housing register, ensuring the fair allocation of secure housing, nominations to registered providers, mobility schemes and other housing options in line with national regulations and guidance
- Provide advice and information in relation to accessing council property and other options
- Work alongside partners including registered providers, sub-regional partners and other council services to ensure integrated and effective rehousing services in the borough
- Provide advice and support to vulnerable tenants and those affected by Welfare Reform to sustain their tenancies.
- Work closely with the Housing Delivery Service to ensure the delivery of successful and sustainable schemes ensuring the smooth handover of schemes to housing management and minimising the period between handover and lettings.
- Responsible for regular monitoring, collation and timely submission of reports. Ensuring local and statutory returns, CORE returns, performance indicators and customer service standards are met.
- Responsible for the delivery of the service within budget and produce periodic budget monitoring information
- Deputise for the Head of Service for matters relating to allocations as necessary
- Be responsible for the direct line management of staff, carrying out all aspects of staff management including recruitment and induction, having regular 121s, evaluating training needs and providing training as necessary
- Manage and co-ordinate the work of the Allocations Team, delivering a customer focussed service providing all functions related to property allocation to ensure the fair and efficient allocation of secure housing options
- Review monthly housing need for all reasonable preference categories on the Housing Register
- To support the Director and the Head of Service to develop the Clients strategy, policies and procedures in relation to all matters connected with housing allocations, housing advice and managing the housing register
The successful candidate will be able to work from home and provided access to log on to the organisations systems remotely
Experience within a similar capacity is essential.
Please apply now for an immediate start