3 months ago
Asset and Compliance Officer
Location - South Derbyshire
Duration - Contracted for 3-4 months
To support the delivery of an effective, efficient and compliant Repair and Maintenance service through the provision of housing stock data management and services to ensure compliance with fire, electricity. lift, gas asbestos, water hygiene and other housing safety regulation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure that the Council complies with its legal and regulatory obligations in relation to compliance.
- To ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate service to all service users, fairly and without discrimination.
- To manage the input and maintenance of housing stock condition data, providing training and support for other team members.
- To develop and manage systems for the delivery of services that ensure the safety of council owned homes and communal facilities.
- To provide training on housing safety processes for other team members
- To support the achievement of the Council's Corporate Plan, observe Corporate Values and promote environmental sustainability.
- Provide advice, information and attend meetings and training as required.
- Exercise stewardship of the highest order in relation to budgets and other resources in pursuance of the aims and objectives and in accordance with the Standing Orders and Financial Regulations, including the co-ordination, production, management and monitoring of the service's budget and performance.
- To adhere to and ensure the appropriate compliance with the Health & Safety Policy.
- To support, promote and comply with the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion actions and requirements when undertaking the duties of this post
- To comply with the Employee Code of Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- To respect the sensitivity and confidentiality of any information that they may have access to regarding clients/customers in adherence with the Data Protection policies
- Undertake such other duties commensurate with the experience of the postholder and the grading of the post as may be reasonably delegated from time to time.
- To develop and manage processes and systems for the delivery of an annual stock condition survey regime.
- To ensure that stock condition data is refreshed, reviewed and updated regularly.
- To produce stock condition data reports that will inform:
- Annual and long-term major improvement works plans
- Stock options appraisal processes
To develop and manage processes and systems for the delivery of services to ensure the safe operation of council homes and community facilities. This will include processes to organise and co-ordinate programmes of work, including cyclical servicing and maintenance contracts for
- Fire Safety
- Electrical Safety
- Gas Safety
- Asbestos safety
- Lift and mechanical safety
- To provide training opportunities for all relevant staff regarding these services.
If you feel like you have the relevant experience and would like a further discussion regarding the role, please contact Josh Meek at Sellick Partnership