£30 - £40 per hour
9 months ago
3 months +
£30 - 40 umbrella
Our client is looking for a Housing Disrepair Solicitor to join them as a locum member of their in house legal team. This is a great opportunity for an experienced housing disrepair solicitor (or equivalent) to join an established and stable team dedicated to providing high level legal advice to all clients. You must have recent experience of housing litigation law and be able to carry your own case load unassisted. You must be highly experienced in dealing with disrepair cases.
You must be able to communicate effectively and provide concise advice in a timely and friendly manner. The ideal candidate may have worked in a housing association or local authority previously, or have experience working as a housing officer in a former role. Knowledge of housing law is essential for this role. The role is full time, although candidates wishing to work 4 days would be encouraged to apply.
Daily duties will include:
- Proven ability to draft statements within a housing setting, from lay people and officers.
- Advising housing staff on the legal matters associated with cases.
- Assessing all relevant information provided before a file is open.
- Ensuring all relevant information is provided by the housing team to be able to progress a case.
- Knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules, ideally relating to housing law.
- Experience in drafting court applications.
- Fully competent in the use of IT systems.
- Works well under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- A flexible attitude with the ability to shift priorities.
To find out more or to apply today please get in touch!
For more information, or to apply, please contact Kate Jasper in our Manchester office.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.