£30 - £33 per hour
about 1 month ago
3 Months +
We are looking for an experienced Housing and Civil Litigation Lawyer to join a local authority in London on a contract basis.
As a Housing Litigation Lawyer, you will be providing expertise legal advice in civil litigation, housing and corporate issues. You will be contributing to the delivery of a portfolio of high quality, solution focused legal work in more than one discipline and across multiple sites, to customers in different organisations.
Main areas of responsibility
- To supervise junior members of the team, including trainees and support staff
- To have personal responsibility for a caseload of legal work
- To carry out advocacy when necessary on own caseload, and not to instruct external support except in accordance with agreed procedures
- To attend meetings of the Councils as required to provide legal and governance advice
Ideal experience, skills and attributes
- Able to demonstrate and evidence a highly developed competence in people management
- Knowledge of local government powers and duties
- Proven knowledge of civil litigation, housing and corporate issues and related areas
- A solicitor, barrister or chartered legal executive holding a practicing certificate
- A strong manager with the ability to balance competing priorities and deliver within tight timescales
- A corporate team player, highly motivated and resilient
- Ability to influence and negotiate effectively along with the ability to lead, motivate, inspire confidence and enthusiasm
This is a fantastic chance for an experienced Housing Litigation Lawyer to join a popular local authority. The office is easy to reach, located within walking distance from the nearest train station.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for shortlisting. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Alexis Aarons in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.