Birmingham, West Midlands
£15 - £22 per annum + DOE
5 months ago
My client, based in central Birmingham, is looking for a housing disrepair specialist to join their in house legal services team. This role is to join a well-established team and take on your own substantial case load of housing disrepair cases. The client needs a candidate with considerable experience in housing disrepair litigation, who can commit to working a 5 day week.
Whilst this role is to specialise in housing disrepair legal work, other tasks may include the below:
- Handling both Claimant and Defendant work
- Introductory Tenancies, Landlord and Tenant cases, including Section 11 work, Dissolving Trusts, - Lodger in occupation
- Injunctions to gain access to the properties for the Council
- Injunctions at the Magistrate's Court
- Dealing with all warrant applications in the Magistrates Court
- Some work on homelessness and anti-social behaviour
- Dealing with cost issues after settlement
- Conducting own advocacy
- Having a solid understanding of the Civil Procedure Rules
This role shall be worked remotely for the foreseeable future and all IT equipment shall be provided by the client.
For more information, or to apply, please contact Kate Jasper in our Manchester office.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.