4 months ago
Temporary, 6 Months +
Full Time (37 Hours)
We are working with an organisation in Exeter who are seeking an experienced Housing Officer to join their team on a temporary basis to work collaboratively with support colleagues to ensure that customers are able to maintain their excluded licence and tenancies and can access services that are appropriate to their needs in line with strategic aims, values, policies and standards.
Responsibilities of the Housing Officer include:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and/or adults at risk
- Ensuring customers rent is paid regularly and on time
- Explaining the licence, tenancy agreement and project rules, ensuring customers abide by it
- Organising inspections of customer's property and arranging for any repairs/improvements to be carried out
- Assisting customers to access relevant support providers as required
- Providing customers with advice and facilitating a move to alternative accommodation as required
- Ensure customers claim Housing Benefit and other welfare benefits to minimise any unnecessary debt
- Ensuring contractors and professionals can access properties and carry out health and safety and risk assessments of property when necessary
Essential criteria of the Housing Officer include:
- Experience of supporting a wide range of people from varying backgrounds with varying support and housing management needs is essential
- Knowledge and understanding of supported housing management practice and provision within a Housing Association, Local Authority or voluntary organisation is essential
- Knowledge of what housing related support is, safeguarding, risk assessing, risk management and health and safety
- NVQ 3 or equivalent in relevant field
- CIH relevant qualification
- Safeguarding certification
Please apply now for an immediate start.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.