South Derbyshire, Derbyshire
5 months ago
Flexible part time, Temporary
Do you want to work in a dynamic role dealing with income, allocations and housing management?
Our client, an organisation based in South Derbyshire is looking for a Housing Officer, to act as the main point of contact for tenants in a geographical area, managing rent accounts, tenancy and estate issues, tenant welfare and support.
Duties of the Housing Officer role will include, but is not limited to:
- Act on reports of Anti-Social Behaviour and support ASB complainants throughout the processing of their complaint
- Record ASB, open and record cases on Orchard using the Community Action Solutions (CAS) management system
- Issue Community Protection Warnings, Community Protection Notices, Notice of Seeking Possession (Tenancy Agreement breaches) and produce housing Management and Witness Statements
- Monitor and recover arrears of rent, by carrying out interviews with tenants in the home and in the offices, sending correspondence by phone, letter, email and text messages
- Work with other organisations and departments, such as Housing Benefit and support agencies, to resolve outstanding arrears cases
- Prepare and serve such as Notices of Intention to Seek Possession
- Prepare details for the listing of tenants in possession hearings at the County Court and attend Court Hearings in the absence of the Senior Housing Officer
- Carry out the sign up of new tenants, providing new tenant information to aid tenancy sustainability
- Liaise with tenants and their support networks to provide help, advice and support
- Liaise with the Tenancy Sustainment Officer to provide support to households with debt management advice and ongoing rent arrears issues
- Carry out visits to tenants to discuss and manage breaches of tenancy terms and conditions and provide information and advice to tenants on tenancy matters
The successful Housing Officer will have:
- Previous experience within a housing officer position
- Enhanced DBS
- Access to a vehicle with business insurance
If you are interested in the above role, please contact Josh Meek at Sellick Partnership or apply now.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.