Housing Officer required to join a social housing organisation based in Nottinghamshire. My client is currently recruiting for an experienced Housing Officer to join their team on a full-time, temporary basis.
As the Housing Officer you will be responsible for providing effective and accurate income and rent management services to maximise income recovery alongside other duties as listed below:
Key responsibilities of the Housing Officer can include:
* Providing income and rent management in accordance with policies and procedures
* Carrying out income recovery and financial inclusion services
* Making appropriate arrangements to repay outstanding amounts
* Processing rent refunds and adjustments
* Verifying universal credit claims and dealing with queries and over-payments of housing benefits
* Serving legal notices and preparing and presenting cases in court
* Working with vulnerable tenants who have rent arrears
* Completing income and expenditure reviews with tenants
* Preventing at risk accounts from falling into arrears
Required skills and experience of the Housing Officer:
* Previous experience within an income/rents role within a social housing environment
* Proficient in in-house packages
* Possess a valid driving licence and own transport
* Enhanced DBS is desirable although not essential
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Housing Officer role, please apply now, or contact Laura Smedley-Williams at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice.