10 months ago
Housing Options Caseworker
A Housing Options Caseworker / Advisor is required to join a public sector organisation based in Hertfordshire. My client is looking for a motivated individual to work on homelessness applications and provide information / advice to customers to prevent homelessness.
As a Housing Options Caseworker / Advisor, your goal is to prevent homelessness when possible and interview homeless application customers effectively to ensure the right decision is made as well as look over other housing applications.
Responsibilities for this role includes:
- Assist with understanding customer needs in regards to housing options / homelessness.
- Provide housing advice and information on tenancy rights and eviction procedures.
- Interviewing homeless applicants on part VII appointments, assessing homeless applications and issuing section 184 decision letters.
- Present applications to decision makers.
- Effectively and efficiently assess risk and escalate issues of concern, minimise customer waiting times, reduce the number of missed and unanswered telephone calls and to maximise the resolution of all customer enquiries at the first point of contact.
- Assess the suitability of households.
- Manage projects.
- Ensure and manage the delivery of Housing Options in line with Housing Act 1996 & HA 2002 and other legislative requirements.
- Prevent or delay homelessness by negotiating with landlords/landladies to stop evictions, and by offering deposit and rent in advance and helping homeless applicants to find suitable private rented accommodation.
- Provide a comprehensive housing advice and information on housing options, occupational rights and responsibilities and on any other housing and homeless issues.
- Input data and updating records.
The successful candidate will have:
- A DBS check.
- Knowledge and relevant experience in social housing, homelessness and housing needs.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this role, please apply now or contact Bethan Hall or Tiffany Biddle.
Disclaimer: Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.