£20 - £22 per hour
about 1 year ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Locum Housing Paralegal to join a central London Borough for an initial 3-6 months basis with the view to be extended.
The successful Housing Paralegal will be expected to provide support and manage a caseload of housing disrepair matters and also be dealing with task such as;
- To maintain a caseload of routine and some non-routine matters under supervision.
- To provide clear and accurate legal advice to clients in the Council's services.
- To undertake basic advocacy on behalf of the Council in courts and tribunals, where this is part of the work of the team.
- To draft legal documentation.
- To research and analyse the law.
- To attend court with counsel on own cases and those of others in Legal Services.
- To deliver briefs and other papers to courts and barristers' chambers and issue/file documents with Courts.
The successful Housing Paralegal will be required to undertake their own caseload the caseload will consist of issuing possession proceedings, enforcing possession, advising on evidence alongside other routine matters. Housing experience is ideal.
- Friendly and supportive team
- Competitive hourly rate
- Well located offices
- Great transport links
Our Client is ideally looking for someone who has worked for or on behalf of local authorities and the wider public sector. Alternatively, they would consider those who have worked in private practice with transferable skills.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Zanub Najmi in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.