£15 - £20 per hour
6 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Locum Housing Paralegal to join a west London Borough Council.
The successful Housing Paralegal will need experience and understanding of housing issues, provide support and manage a caseload of housing disrepair matters. The role will include dealing with task such as;
- To maintain a caseload of routine and some non-routine matters under supervision
- To deal with a high volume of housing disrepair and housing allocation challenges
- To provide clear and accurate legal advice to clients in the Council's services
- To draft legal documentation
- To attend court with counsel on own cases and those of others in Legal Services
- To undertake basic advocacy on behalf of the Council in courts and tribunals, where this is part of the work of the team
- To deliver briefs and other papers to courts and barristers' chambers and issue/file documents with Courts
This is a fantastic opportunity for paralegal or newly qualified lawyer to get the opportunity to work directly with and support the client department team on a large number of cases. Our client is ideally looking for a Housing Paralegal who has worked in local authority, but those with transferable skills from private practice will be strongly considered.
This is a locum role and the duration of the role is 3 months initially, with the strong likelihood of extension.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Rayhaneh Tehrani in our Manchester office for a confidential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.