Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
2 months ago
Housing Team Leader
Stoke and North Staffordshire
Temporary (3-6 Months)
We are looking for a temporary Team Leader for 3-6 months to bring additional capacity and expertise as we embed our new service Destination: Home and continue to deliver other housing related support, mental health and young care leaver services across Stoke and North Staffordshire.
Our new service works in partnership with local organisations Adullam Homes, North Staffs Mind, Changes Health and Wellbeing and Walk Ministries to deliver a 24/7 support service that helps our customers not just survive but thrive in their homes.
As a temporary Team Leader, you'll work alongside your peers, the Operations Manager and the Head of Homelessness and Complex Needs to support one or more of the following teams all within Supported Housing:
- Duty Team - ensuring customers are supported to tackle the underlying issues stopping them from securing and maintaining a home of their own home.
- Gateway Team - as the first point of contact the team oversees referrals and allocations into the service.
- Safe & Well Team - providing high quality out-of-hours support. Making sure our accommodation is maintained to a hight standard and keeps people accommodated safe. The team responds to any anti-social behaviour issues and resolves problems occurring out of hours. This service works around the needs customers who require onsite support 24/7.
- Support Team - a team of Service Co-ordinators providing tailored support to customers. The service will ensure a high level of customer engagement and support, and work with partner agencies to monitor progress and recovery.
We are looking for a temporary Team Leader who:
- Has experience of leading a team supporting adults with complex needs such as substance misuse, homelessness and mental health within an accommodation-based setting
- Has a genuine understanding of people impacted by homelessness and the ability to educate, inspire and engage others around making homelessness history
- Has a strong knowledge base of developments and good practice in the field of homelessness and housing, keeping abreast of current issues, legislation and best practice regarding welfare reform, homelessness and housing
- Has strong organisational, time management and communication skills. You'll need to be able to prioritise high risk cases, health and safety priorities in addition to conflicting service demands
- Is flexible and adaptable. The nature of leading teams who support people with complex needs is that each day can have its own challenges, so you'll need to be able to adapt and creatively overcome barriers
- Can work flexibly around the needs of the service outside of normal office hours as requires, attending evening meetings and supporting the manager on-call during out-of-hours
- Has experience working with private, confidential and complex information following data protection laws
- Has a sound understanding of all Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and Access. Also, experience of using and auditing case management systems
- Holds a Full UK Driving Licence and use of own vehicle for work purposes.
- Day-to-day running, monitoring, improvement and delivery services to agreed partnership standards
- Service quality, monitoring performance and driving improvements. This includes undertaking service quality review audits; and reporting on performance, compliance, safeguarding, incidents, budgets, arrears, value for money and customer satisfaction.
- Overseeing the delivery of services and accommodation to agreed Partnership plans including operational standards, legislation, working practices, policies and procedures and all relevant housing practices
- Encouraging a one team approach through regular communication, involvement, teamwork, shared goals and celebration of success
- Delivering individual and group training and communications to the team and partners to ensure up-to-date knowledge of plans, progress, skills and standards to meet service users' needs
- Building relationships and knowledge of services with relevant partners and support services in order to access the best support to meet customer's needs
- Ensuring that all lone working, safeguarding practices, and health and safety of people and buildings policies and legal procedures are met to ensure service compliance and the safety of all
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and implement and operate to agreed sector, partnership or legislative agreed standards