Role: HR Business Partner
Sector: Public and Not-for-Profit
Salary: up to £60,000
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for an experienced HR Business Partner to join our client based in Nottingham. This role is offered on a hybrid basis with a minimum of 2 days a week required onsite.
The ideal HR Business Partner will lead and direct the HR agenda, plans and programmes of work within a specified service area. They will be able to provide leadership and expert advice within a service area in relations to absence management, workforce planning, transformation of services, employee relations and development of staff.
The duties of the HR Business Partner include:
- Working in partnership with service directors, deputy directors, corporate heads and Heads of Service on local strategies and action plans to attain and maintain performance levels within the organisation with regards to all workforce related KPI's
- Provide expert advice and guidance in all employee relations cases, ensuring adherence to the organisation's policies and legislation
- Promoting work within the service /corporate areas to review and modernise the workforce, and provide appropriate support to develop workforce plans and support business development plans, including active engagement at a lead level in small, medium, and major organisational change initiatives
- To work with managers and staff side representatives on all aspects of change management which may involve TUPE, redundancy, and redeployment, providing clear and logical business cases to support proposed changes
- To work with the Workforce Data and Planning team to ensure regular, meaningful workforce information is provided to a sufficient level of detail to all line managers within the service and corporate areas
- To contribute fully within the HR team, and consult with the service areas on the review of existing and development of new policies and procedures
- Participating fully in business planning, service development and budget setting processes within the service and corporate areas
- Supporting the drafting of, and quality assure, HR related documentation, such as organisational change papers, investigation reports, prior to them being issued and challenge decisions and the direction of travel as and when necessary to ensure that the appropriate approach is being taken.
- Advising on appropriate recruitment and selection processes
- To provide direction to key managers in the service and corporate areas on achievement of HR related standards monitored by external bodies
- Representing the service and corporate areas at internal or external meetings or events as required
- To ensure staff at all levels within the service and corporate areas are briefed on changes in legislation, organisation policy, performance
- To ensure appropriate provision of ad hoc HR related training to staff at all levels within the service and corporate areas as required
- To ensure appropriate management, leadership and development opportunities are made available to the HR Advisors
- To participate fully in a variety of organisational wide committees and groups including the Trade Union Partnership Forum, etc.
- To provide training as part of regular management and leadership development programmes
- To participate as a panel member in employment related hearings and providing direction and support to managers when considering the evidence presented and reaching the most appropriate outcome
- To represent the organisation with regard to Employment Tribunal claims, responding on behalf of the organisation liaising with external agencies such as employment lawyers, regional Trades Union officers, ACAS, etc.
The HR Business Partner will ideally have:
- CIPD Level 5 qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience of working at a similar level is essential
- Experience of working in a public sector organisation is desirable
- Experience in project management
- Experience in leading both the strategic and operational Human Resources.
The HR Business Partner will need to have excellent communication skills and effectively be able to communicate to stakeholders of all levels. Furthermore, the ideal candidate will have an impeccable eye for detail and accuracy to ensure all workload is carried out effectively and efficiently. They will also need to able to prioritise their workload and be efficient and effective to meet unpredictable deadlines and deal with conflicting demands, whilst working in a high-pressured environment.
Our client is hoping to have the HR Business Partner in the role as soon as possible, therefore if you believe your experience meets the criteria above, please contact Charlotte Broomfield by Monday 19th February by calling the Derby office for Sellick Partnership or by submitted your CV directly.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an inclusive and accessible recruitment business and we support applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances. We can adapt our processes to accommodate everybody, so please let us know how we can help improve your recruitment experience. Please note, our advertisements use years' experience, hourly rates, and salary levels purely as a guide based on the specific skills set out in the advert. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who can demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. Our Consultants assess based on the experience and skills evidenced on the CV. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.