Trafford, Greater Manchester
£32361 - £38436 per annum
11 months ago
Sellick Partnership are actively recruiting to a HR Business Partner role, working within a not for profit client in Greater Manchester. The main purpose of this role is to establish this role (and the HRBP), as true business partners to managers at all levels across the Group, through meaningful relationship and ability to drive commercial and culturally-aligned solutions which meet the needs and strategic priorities of the Group. To take a lead on implementation of effective systems and process to ensure operational and payroll related activities run accurately and on time. To drive achievement of the HR Strategies Action Plans and KPI's through leadership and management of the HRBP team and to manage the performance and engagement of a team of HR colleagues to ensure the delivery of both day-to-day HR operations and compliance.
Key responsibilities of the HR Business Partner:
- Ensure the HR Business Partner team provide a quality, customer focused, pragmatic and expert HR advice and guidance service to managers and staff and ensure managers are effectively supported in dealing with casework.
- Lead the implementation of the HR People Strategy and Organisational Development and Engagement Plan at a managerial level and support the Head of HR at a leadership level.
- Drive improvement in employee attraction, performance and retention KPI's by supporting the design and implementation of a holistic talent management infrastructure which engages and supports the development of our employees including but not limited to continuous improvement of our resourcing experience and annual appraisal process, implementation of succession planning process and organisational capability mapping.
- Develop the performance and capability within the HR team by maintaining external networks and connections; bringing new and best practice into the organisation; and always looking for opportunities to improve and drive efficiency.
- Lead the development of engagement opportunities through close collaboration with the Engagement and E&D Lead and business stakeholders e.g., bespoke programmes, conferences, events and employee and manager forums etc.
- Deputise for the Head of HR & Performance at departmental meetings from time to time when required.
- Manage employee relations matters ensuring a consistent and fair approach is employed across Group. Participates in investigations, hearings and appeals as appropriate, advising managers accordingly.
- Work with the Head of HR &P to ensure all Group staffing policies and HR practices, under the direction of HR, are compliant with employment legislation, keeping up to date with developments in case law and new legislation and ensuring best HR practice is achieved.
- Conduct relevant cross Group training to promote human resource policy/procedure and to ensure all line managers are competent and fully trained in their people management responsibilities. Focus on empowering managers by building their competence to enable them to handle people issues with skill.
- Lead the efficient and safe provision of data to managers to drive organisational effectiveness.
- Support the provision of information and guidance to leadership for the effective processing of ill-health retirement applications to the pension schemes, working with the Pensions & Payroll Manager and the applicant.
- Provide information for and assist as required in the consultation and negotiation process with recognised Trade Unions on a range of HR related issues, attending Trade Union meetings as required.
- Develop and coach the HR Talent Attraction Partner in the delivery of effective talent acquisition service.
- Responsible for the management of the Group's single central record. Ensure the Group is fully compliant with its statutory and regulatory requirements in relation to Safeguarding and Safer Recruitment including ensuring the Group's Single Central Record is maintained in line with requirements
- Coach and up skill managers to effectively manage their people resources and support the development of high performing teams.
Required skills and experience of the HR Business Partner:
- Be CIPD qualified to chartered status or substantial equivalent HR experience
- Be educated to level 7 or experience demonstrating the capabilities associated with a qualification at that level
- Significant experience in a HR environment at a professional level
- Ability to build great relationships with stakeholders and colleagues through open and honest conversations
- Commercially astute with an ability to influence senior stakeholders to make financially and legal responsible decisions through sound strategic and commercial foundations
- Experience of managing a team of HR professionals knowledge and understanding of HR Law and HR best practice
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the HR Business Partner role, please apply now
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.