£33136 - £37107 per annum
Sellick Partnership are exclusively recruiting for a HRA Accountant to join a well-established organisation based in Staffordshire on a permanent basis.
The HRA Accountant role is an exciting opportunity that offers the successful applicant a chance to be part of an innovative shared finance service working across two neighbouring local authorities.
Duties of the HRA Accountant include:
- As the HRA Accountant you will be expected to provide accountancy services for Council's Housing Revenue Account services including preparing and updating the HRA 30 year business plan
- Preparing associated reports to the Leadership Team and members, preparing the statutory accounts and liaising with the external audit team (knowledge and understanding of Local Authority accounting is therefore essential).
- To ensure that Financial Shared Service Function are provided in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with statutory requirements, best professional practice and the Council's accounting policies.
- To maintain accounts in accordance with statutory requirements, best professional advice and the relevant accounting policies.
The suitable candidate will have the following:
- A recognised CCAB accounting qualification
- Experience of budget setting, budget monitoring and closure of accounts and Capital accounting.
- Previous experience of HRA Revenue and Capital Accounts
- CIPFA would be advantageous but not essential
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Alex Rowland.
*Interviews will be taking place early June*
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice