Durham, County Durham
£15.00 - £19.00 per hour
7 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for an ICT Remote Support Engineer on behalf of a public sector client. The position is on a contract basis for 3 months. The successful candidate will ensure the delivery of an effective Technical Support Service. As an ICT Remote Support Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring the timely resolution of incidents and fulfilment of customer requests.
- To be responsible for ensuring the timely resolution of incidents and fulfilment of customer requests, in accordance with standard operational procedures and agreed performance criteria.
- To be responsible for escalation of incidents and requests which cannot or are unlikely to be resolved within agreed service levels.
- To be responsible for the coordination and installation of new Software packages to customers through deployment tools. The post holder should also proactively develop packages that can be deployed to customers by the Service Desk.
- The ICT Remote Support Engineer will act as a specialist in IT Software such as; Windows, Office, Visio, Project, SystmOne, EMIS Web etc.
- To liaise with the service desk to ensure effective identification, prioritisation and assignment of incidents and requests through to resolution/closure.
- To support the development of the Service Desk by recommending and supporting training for the Service Desk Analysts to achieve first time fixes.
- To maintain and support a number of systems and solutions systems currently in use including but not limited to:
- All operating systems
- Anti-virus products
- Remote access
- Internet tools & technologies
- Microsoft & other applications
- 3rd party solutions - clinical, non-clinical
If you are interested in learning more about his opportunity, please contact Jake Winship at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.