Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£53168 - £62001 per annum
5 months ago
Sellick Partnership are delighted to be assisting a well-known organisation with offices around the North East to recruit an IT Security Manager on a permanent basis.
They are looking for an experienced individual who brings a strong focus on ICT security, who can work in a collaborative multi-disciplinary culture and who thrives on a fast paced, changing environment. To achieve their vision, my client requires an individual who is committed, passionate and who can lead and motivate the wider ICT team around ICT security aspects, who will be working closley with their compliance function.
Reporting to the Head of ICT Infrastructure and a member of the ICT senior leadership team, the IT Security Manager will be the subject matter expert for security and will lead a small security team. The role will also include the need for strong relationships with other external ICT leaders to collaborate and ensure that their specialist areas are fully engaged with security aspects so they can ensure the achievement of all internal KPIs and external SLAs ensuring all their clients are delighted by the services we provide.
The client already have a strong compliance team in place. This role will work alongside that function, leading a small, specialist security team providing security posture advice for compliance purposes and also to ensure that all infrastructure developments are progressed according to best security practices.
- Professional qualification at Master's degree level in a technical/information or related discipline or equivalent experience
- CISSP or CISM certification
- Demonstrable experience of defining, agreeing and then delivering an appropriate target security posture/strategy across complex pan-organisation environments;
- Significant experience in design of complex IT infrastructure solutions with a focus on security, process and controls
- Highly specialist analytical skills to interpret complex security standards and requirements to derive workplans for the team
- Specialist knowledge of enterprise level cyber security solutions
- Specialist knowledge of logging, audit and threat assessment tools and techniques
- Knowledge and experience of implementing proactive threat management solutions across organisations
- Aptitude to design and document appropriately technical solutions that will fit into long-term business objectives and strategy
- Effective interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to interpret and communicate complex information to staff with varying technical knowledge
- Ability to inspire, encourage and influence colleagues and customers to adopt the attitudes and actions that ensure not only ensure compliance with Cyber Security policies but actively decrease the risk of Cyber Security incidents
- Ability to lead and take command of meetings
- Capability to digest complex facts or situations requiring in-depth analysis with the ability to formulate solutions where there are a number of options available
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to forge and maintain good working relationships with external suppliers and internal clients/departments
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.