Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£36000 - £38000 per annum
5 months ago
Sellick Partnership are delighted to be working again with a well known client in the Newcastle upon Tyne area to recruit for an ICT Security Officer on a permanant basis.
The ICT Security Officer will have responsibility for the day to day security of their client and ensuring necessary software and hardware infrastructure are maintained to agreed standards and to acrry out proactive oversight activities inclusing investigations of log/ alert anomoalies.
- Ensure the integrity of infrastructure, by provding appropriate security measures are in place, such as:
- Email and internet content filters
- Appropriate logging of activity
- Intrusion detection systems
- Organsing and responding to penetration testing
- Assist in the installation, development, maintenance and management of security infrastructure hardware
- Management of the security infrastructure hardware performance and capacity and make recommendations for improvements d advice to colleagues.
- Diagnose and resolve security infrastructure problems, ensuring that account is taken of agreed levels of service and the needs for quality, security, availability and safety, utilising appropriate specialised techniques, tools, methods or standards.
- Provide advice and guidance in the planning phases of information systems, to ensure that infrastructure requirements are reflected in the overall specification.
Skills and knowledge:
- Relevant experience working in IT security.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to manage and prioritise tasks and work schedules.
- Positive customer service skills and friendly, flexible manner.
- Ability to advise, guide and communicate technical issues to nontechnical staff.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Good customer care skills.
- Knowledge and practical experience of some or all of the following:
- Firewall technologies
- Implementing ITB Security Standards
- Content filtering
- Graduate level or equivalent with experience of the application of relevant tools in a multidisciplinary ICT organisation.
- Prince2 Foundation or equivalent project management experience
- Completed Higher Education in ICT related area.
- Project Management qualification
- ICT Security-related professional qualification (e.g. CISSP/CISM)
- Foundation Certificate in ITIL Service Management or IT Networks (e.g. CCNA/CCNP)
For more information please contact Adam Burgess at Sellick Partnership Newcastle
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website