City of London
£50000 - £65000 per annum
12 months ago
Company Role & Team
Our client, a major Specialist insurer that deals with complex policies is looking for a Nearly/Newly Actuary to join their team as an IFRS 17 Actuary.
This role would see the IFRS 17 Actuary work in cooperation with members of a central IFRS 17 project team to provide Actuarial support for the company's Actuarial function including implementation.
This role will predominantly focus on Non-Life and Reinsurance portfolios.
- Identify synergies with company's Solvency II Pillar 3 principles and processes
- Analyse the portfolio as defined by IFRS 17
- Support development examples of IFRS 17 balance sheets and income statements on real-life data
- Understand the practical implications of IFRS 17
- Support all Actuarial implementation of IFRS 17
- Support development of quality standards for all analytical system and reporting processes in IFRS 17.
- Provide IFRS 17 Actuarial support in the context of Brexit
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in an Actuarial role (preferably Reserving)
- Knowledge of Non-Life insurance Reserving techniques
- Technical proficiency in the Excel, MS Access, VBA, SQL and SAS is desirable
- Strong analytical skillset
- Nearly/Newly Qualified or making good progress towards IFOA qualification
- IFRS 17 experience is desirable but no essential
If this role is of interest to you please apply below with your CV or contact Josh Spencer on 0151 224 1480 or at email@example.com
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.