Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
Fixed Term - 6 months
Newcastle upon Tyne
Our team at Sellick Partnership are actively seeking an Income Assistant for our client based in Newcastle to provide an efficient and effective support service to their Customer Accounts Team. The role involves contacting customers with rent arrears to negotiate effective payment solutions tailored to individual circumstances.
Key responsibilities of the Income Assistant:
- Deliver income management services, as a member of the Customer Accounts Team
- Manage income collection activity (prior to legal action commencing) in respect of current tenants through a variety of channels including home visits and rent surgeries, former tenants and sundry debts in compliance with the Group's policy and procedures, whilst maintaining the highest level of customer care
- Initiate contact and engage with customers through a variety of channels to identify and negotiate effective payment solutions tailored to individual circumstances to maximise organisations rental income from current tenants, garages and former tenants
- Identify and address potential barriers to successfully managing a rent account through the delivery of a tailored service to meet customers' needs
- Recommend cases for referral to the Association's debt collection agencies, undertake tracing activity and propose accounts for write off in line with the Group's policies and procedures
- Update all customer accounts with housing benefit award details, advising customers of their new rent due, amending direct debits and payment arrangements as required
- Review all customer accounts with credit balances and request rent refunds as required and after completion of all necessary checks to ensure the credit is genuine
Required skills and experience of the Income Assistant:
- Strong experience in administration and customer service
- Experience working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to deliver excellence
- Desirably knowledge of social housing and the challenges facing the sector
Start for New Year available.
If this role is of interest, please contact Claire Harrison at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.