Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
3 months ago
Are you looking for a highly rewarding and technically challenging position which would give you autonomy and a great work life balance? Sellick Partnership have been engaged by a market leading professional services organisation based in Newcastle Upon Tyne, to recruit an Independent Risk Review Manager, Audit and Assurance in to their Audit and Assurance team. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to contribute to and maintain the delivery of the outstanding level of service provided to clients.
With multiple positions on offer you will have the choice of working in an office based position with very little travel involved, or the ability to travel between sites across the UK, work remotely or from home and meet with clients to deliver an efficient, reliable service which suits you.
As a qualified accountant with external audit and accounts experience, you'll have the strong technical and risk management skills to perform Professional Standard Reviews (PSR). Liaising daily with our client engagement teams, you'll provide them with remote support in completing risk management and quality reviews associated with the audit of statutory accounts.
- Performing an independent risk focused review of the statutory accounts, group reporting and the underlying audit work
- Holding constructive discussions, challenging senior members of the engagement team on the appropriateness of and approach to identified audit risks
- Challenging the engagement team to ensure that results of testing and judgements are adequately documented
- Liaising with engagement teams on resolution of any issues, including coordinating appropriate escalation of issues within the department
- Completion of GAAP compliance reviews of statutory accounts to ensure compliance with applicable accounting standards
- Providing added value for engagement teams and the wider audit practice, supporting them in delivering the 'distinctive client experience' by collating insights and considering their wider communication throughout the firm
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent);
- Previous experience of working with IFRS and UK or US GAAP reporting standards;
- Ability to constructively challenge, Articulate and able to demonstrate discretion
- Understanding of risk management, professional scepticism and attention to detail
- Able to display initiative, proactivity, professionalism and confidence
- Diligence, hard work and co-operation to be an effective member of the team
- Articulate and able to demonstrate discretion
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure with a flexible approach
A background within a professional services is preferred however a suitable candidate may also have trained in practice and now be working in industry.
Our client offers a wealth of training and development opportunities available and are dedicated in ensuring your technical and soft skills keep you ahead of the game.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website