Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£15.00 - £17.00 per hour
8 months ago
Sellick Partnership are assisting a Large NHS organisation in the recruitment of an Information Analyst to join their team in Newcastle. This is temporary position due to last until August 2021.
Reporting to the Information Analysis Manager, the successful candidate will provide support to a diverse range of stakeholders, using analytical and technical skills, supported by a knowledge of NHS an public sector data and definitions.
- To assist in the receipt, input and validation of complex data sets and returns from Trusts,GP Practices, providers and other agencies to strict deadlines, identifying potential and actual data problems and proposing solutions, to support the submission of statutory returns.
- To support the Senior Information Analysts in major work areas e.g. secondary care, contract/performance monitoring, or medicines management whilst maintaining a generic approach to support the service as a whole, working independently within departmental procedures and referring to senior staff when necessary.
- To participate in the formal statistical analysis and interpretation of results of data analysis, e.g. reports, charts, maps, pivot tables.
- To design and develop spreadsheets/databases to hold sometimes complex data collected for a particular purpose and maintain the integrity of the data.
- To participate in development of key data sets by frequent or regular information users, including development of techniques or systems.
- To ensure that the security of IT systems and the confidentiality of personal data are maintained at all times in line with the relevant organisational policies.
- To explain and advise to information users the availability of data on a particular topic, suggesting where it is appropriate to be used.
- To undertake the analysis of computerised and manual data as part of the provision of management information for both routine and ad-hoc requests.
- To undertake the presentation and explanation of data analysis to a broad client base in the PCTs and other organisations using the service.
- To identify and propose changes to business processes or reporting systems to improve service, bring efficiencies and/or meet new policy or guidance requirements
- To support the development and documentation of quality standards covering all aspects of data, analysis and reporting work streams.
- To maintain specialist knowledge and expertise in NHS information systems and an appreciation and understanding of other information systems.
- Knowledge of NHS data dictionary, Commissioning datasets and Payment by Results.
- Knowledge of information reporting tools
- Experience in analysing and interpretation of complex data.
- Experience in using and developing databases and analytical tools.
- Developed analytical skills to present complex and/or sensitive information clearly and persuasively.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Sound reporting writing skills to produce high quality timely reports for a varied audience.
- Highly developed knowledge of Microsoft products including Access and Excel.
- Knowledge of data manipulation tools and techniques e.g. SPC, SQL.
- Knowledge of information governance standards around data security and confidentiality.
If you are interested in this position please apply, or contact Kathryn Heeler at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.