£25 - £35 per hour
about 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership are looking for an Information Manager to join the friendly team of a South London Borough Coundil on a 3-month locum basis, with the view to extend.
The Information Governance Manager will develop, implement and support systems and practices which facilitate compliance with the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act, the Environmental Information Regulations and the Data Protection Act. The successful candidate will work closely with the legal team to ensure the council meets the required legal requirements.
The Information Governance Manager will develop and deliver detailed information management for the organisation, including:
- Policy review and training
- Record management
- Improve the reporting of trends and issues relating to FOI
- Developing a robust audit framework for reviewing Council data management
- Implementing robust information security governance
Desirable skills and abilities:
- Experience in records management
- Knowledge of information access and public records legislation
- Ability to understand the development of IT advances and work towards future proofing of information assets
- A good understanding of:
- The Data Protection Act (1998)
- The Freedom of Information Act (2000)
- Health and Safety at Work Act (1974)
This role would be well suited to someone who is looking to take the next step in their career, as there is an option to manage a team if desired.
- Flexible working, with up to 1 day working from home
- 36 hours working week
- Friendly and supportive team
- Close to public transport links, shops and restaurants
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Rayhaneh Tehrani in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.