£20 - £30 per hour
9 months ago
On behalf of a large Local Authority, I am recruiting for an Information Governance Officer to join a successful legal team over a locum contract. My client is looking for an experienced professional who has extensive experience in the areas of FOI, SAR, GDPR and Data Protection.
Information Governance Officer:
- Creation/amendment of policies, procedures and practices including a forward plan document and relevant report
- Creation of data protection relevant intranet guidance and articles
- Embed data protection awareness, practices and responsibilities in all service areas
- Monitor compliance with SARs
- Identify risks and recommend corrective actions and mitigation
- Provide training and guidance to all service areas on SAR procedures including exemptions and time limits/extension
- Be the point of contact for data subjects and the ICO in respect of SARs
The successful candidate must be an excellent communicator with experience in a data protection and/or a governance role, ideally within a Local Authority setting. You will have good knowledge of DPA 2018 and GDPR and have the ability to define and develop processes and procedures.
My client is looking for someone to start on short notice and the position will be completely remote for the foreseeable; whilst a courier will be arranged to deliver equipment.
Please send across your most updated CV to email@example.com and your availability.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.