Birmingham, West Midlands
£20 - £25 per hour
4 months ago
6 months +
Information Governance Officer
Locum position - 6 months+
£20 - £25 umbrella per hour (DOE)
My client is a public sector organisation based in the Birmingham area. They are seeking an experienced Information Governance Officer to join their in-house Team for an initial 6 month locum position. This role is ideal for an experienced Information Governance Officer who wants to build on their existing skill set and add to their CV.
The Information Governance Officer role provides effective information governance (IG) support to the Information Governance Manager carrying out statutory functions, undertaking audits, training and advising staff, and reporting breaches to the Information Commissioners Office. The IG Officer oversees the processing of access to information requests to ensure they are processed in accordance with the relevant regulations, timescales and internal procedures, ensuring high levels of professional operation and high levels of administrative support are evident at all times.
The role requires sensitivity, tact, diplomacy and empathy together with excellent communication skills, in addition to maintaining confidentiality and high level of records management. You will act as a point of contact on a variety of files relating to IG matters. Daily duties include:-
- Someone who has a strong working knowledge of the FOI and DP legislation.
- To be responsible for the effective and efficient administration of access to information requests (such as Freedom of Information Act, EIR and Data Subject Access requests) to ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
- Manage telephone, post and email enquiries for information and records under the General Data Protection Regulations 2016 and the Data Protection Act 2018 as well as the Freedom of Information Act 2000, in accordance with the organisation's procedures on a daily basis.
- Receiving and prioritising requests for information and records exercising appropriate confidentiality, providing advice and practical support to customers making information requests.
- Responsible for preparing information for release and responding to requests in accordance with statutory deadlines. This includes preparation for disclosure of sensitive and confidential information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and supporting information governance protocols, procedures and codes of practice. The post holder is guided by this legislation and has the freedom to act independently within these parameters, deciding when it is necessary to refer to line management.
This role would be ideal for candidates who have previously working within the IG remit within the NHS or possible local government or a university setting. Given the current COVID pandemic, this role shall be worked on a remote basis and all IT and other necessary equipment shall be couriered to the successful applicant's address. This is a full time role (36.5 hours) and my client is in the fortunate position that they can offer a great deal of flexibility as to when and how those hours are worked each week.
For more information, or to apply, please contact Kate Jasper in our Manchester office.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.