Information Governance Specialist
£32405 - £37037 per annum
0161 834 1642
Sellick Partnership is pleased to be assisting a Kent based Local Authority with the recruitment for an Information Governance and Data Protection Specialist.
This opportunity for an Information Governance and Data Protection Specialist is offered on a permanent basis. Our client is seeking a candidate to carry out the necessary functions of the Data Protection Officer of the council, ensuring the obligations of the Data Protection Regulations are upheld and the council handles data within the confines of the law.
Day to day responsibilities may include;
- Responding to requests for information received by the council under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 and the Data Protection Act 2018; disclosing and redacting information where appropriate
- Providing advice and guidance to service areas on aspects of access to information and information management
- Managing specialist cases for Data Protection, including data breaches, data protection impact assessments and data retention policies
- Developing and maintaining policy and guidance on all aspects of access to information, data protection and information management
- Liaising with the Information Commissioner's Office
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly and supportive legal services team. This role can be undertaken on a flexible, hybrid basis.
The successful Information Governance and Data Protection Specialist will have access to a range of excellent benefits including the Local Government pension scheme, generous annual leave entitlements and access to free parking.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website