City of London, London
£33 - £44 per hour + flexible working
7 months ago
£33-£44 per Hour
11 month Contract with the likelihood of extension
London, Hybrid working
Inquiry Lawyer required to join the established Government Department as part of their Legal Team. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is an experienced Inquiry Lawyer to join the inquiry team on an initial 11 month contract with the likelihood of extension.
As an Inquiry Lawyer for Central Government, you will be working within the department which is dedicated to its clients and supportive of its team members. You will work with counsel and paralegals to support the Government Department.
Key Responsibilities of the Inquiry Lawyer?
- Correspond and communicate with individual witnesses
- Drafting statements
- Engaging with and assisting in the review of documentary evidence provided to support witnesses and the Department.
- Use the Government eDisclosure Database to search and review inquiry evidence.
Required Skills and experience of the Inquiry Lawyer?
- Minimum one year post qualification experience;
- Flexible approach to a complex and varied workload with changing priorities;
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing;
- Ability to work at pace and under time pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to work alone or in a team
- Previous Inquiry experience
- Experience of using a large eDisclosure database.
What is on offer for the Inquiry Lawyer?
- £50,000 - £55,000 Annual Equivalent
- Flexible working arrangements
- Central London Location
- Access to Unique Government Work
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established Central Government team that prides itself in the first-class service it offers to clients. Our client also offers the potential extension of your 11 month contract as an Inquiry Lawyer.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Inquiry Lawyer role, please apply now, or contact Xiomara Cabello at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.