Seaham, County Durham
5 months ago
Insurance Claims Handler
Full time (Mon-Fri) 37 hours per week (8:30-16:30 OR 9:00-17:00)
Temporary (3 months initially) - Support with high workload
Spectrum Business Park, Seaham
Working for a large housing associaition in the North East you will be supporting the Health & Safety team towards the following:
- Direct customer and staff enquiries regarding our process for making an insurance claim and the status of ongoing insurance claims and act as a first point of contact for the team, co-ordinating queries with other areas of the organisation as appropriate.
- Log and maintain insurance claims data, including the initial input of a new claim to the EvoClaim system / Insurers portal and record status updates as claims progress through the agreed claims management process.
- Conduct insurance site investigations independently or in conjunction with the Health and Safety Officers and prepare internal investigation reports in defence of claims. Ensure all internal reports and supporting evidence are provided to the Insurers in a timely manner and liaise regularly with the Insurers to establish the status of ongoing insurance claims.
- Manage an insurance claims caseload alongside the Business Assurance Officer (Business Continuity) and Insurance Claims and Safety Co-ordinator on behalf of the Governance and Assurance Manager, agreeing in-house settlement offers with the manager.
- Maintain a spreadsheet of in-house settlement payments to inform the accruals data for the monthly management accounts and produce budget monitoring information.
- Maintain an accurate master record of the organisation's commercial vehicle fleet and update the Insurer's Motor Insurance Database with changes as appropriate.
This supportive employer offer a wealth of opportunity to a potential employee. If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Insurance Claims Handler role, please apply now, or contact Danni Kemp at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice.