Interim Chief Executive
South West England, England
£1000 - £1200 per day
0161 834 1642
Interim Chief Executive
Sellick Partnership are currently working with a local government organisation in the appointment of an Interim Chief Executive. The postholder will play a pivotal role in leading the authority through a period of transformational change alongside the day to day responsibilities of the position.
This is a long term interim appointment until Spring 2023.
The purpose of the role is to act as principal adviser to The Leader, Executive/Cabinet and all elected members. To support Councillors through a period of transformation change.
As the statutory Head of Paid Service, to provide leadership and direction throughout the organisation. To represent and promote the interests of the Council on local, regional and national bodies. To be accountable for the performance of the organisation and meet the Council's strategic objectives of economic development and efficient and effective deployment of resources. To ensure that residents receive services of the highest standard.
- You will be commercial, innovative, visionary and creative with a track record of delivering outstanding change management and organisational development whilst being politically aware.
- You will lead our commercial activity so must be able to demonstrate entrepreneurial flair, combined with a strong customer focus.
- You will have highly developed communication skills, be diplomatic and skilled at providing strategic advice in a highly pressured political environment. Previous experience of building enduring and successful partnerships with stakeholders, communities and businesses will be vital for success in this role.
- You will be self-aware and politically astute with a proven ability to command the respect, trust and confidence of councillors, staff, partner organisations and the public.
- Your empowering style will bring out the best in staff and ensure a high performing organisation.
Candidates will be assessed against the following competencies:
- Strategic management
- Inspires the Leadership team and staff to deliver the ongoing transformational vision
- Ability to work collaboratively with elected Councillors of all parties
- Creates vision
- Ability to demonstrate an agile mind-set
- Acts collaboratively
- To be a motivational, empowering leader with high level of determination and resilience
- Continuously improving performance
- Ability to work with non-local government bodies
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience for the position of Interim Chief Executive, please apply now or contact Natalie Ferguson in our Manchester Office.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.