Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
Up to £40000 per annum
about 2 months ago
I am currently assisting a reputable business with the recruitment of an Interim Finance Manager.
My Client is looking to appoint a Qualified Finance Manager to play an integral role in the migration of systems ensuring this is completed and in line with the project deadlines with a "firm" go-live date of 1st September 2021.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, your main duties include (but not limited to)
- Assist with the implementation of a new software supporting the Finance function
- Ensure month end processes are followed to ensure timely submission of group reporting.
- Prepare and post all month end journals.
- Support monthly payroll processing via commission calculations.
- Compliance and fraud checks for weekly BACS payment runs.
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly VAT submissions
- Maintain the accounting systems, including trouble shooting software issues, and ensure compliance with Accounting Policies and financial procedures manual.
- Prepare supporting documents/ data for the annual statutory accounts and information for annual audit compliance.
- Liaise and support external auditors with audit process for year-end
- Professional accountancy qualification, CIMA/ ACCA or equivalent.
- Ideally 5 years' experience within similar role
- Experience of systems migration
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong personal organizational skills and an ability to multi-task.
- Flexibility to provide cover for other team members as and when needed.
- Flexibility to work additional hours as and when required, in particular at month end.
For more information please contact Maz Williams at Sellick Partnership, Newcastle.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website