Interim Financial Accounting Specialist
£850 - £1000 per day
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit an Interim technical financial accountant / specialist within a high profile and crucial role for at least a 6 month duration period. The position will report straight into the CFO and lead a team of c20 talented and technically proficient team of Qualified Financial Accountants. The role is multi-faceted with a strong involvement in bau yea-end work as well as key project work with the overall aim of achieving a clean audit following a calendar year end process. You will oversee the whole year end process, review the final numbers and produce and present the full year end pack for the Senior Management Team.
Reporting to the CFO, you will liaise with Senior contact points from across this Banking organisation as well as having responsibility as the contact point for key external audit stakeholders. As well as your technical ability to provide almost an in-house technical consultancy service, you will have remained 'hands on' and can demonstrate a lead from a year end perspective for a major organisation.
The key accountabilities will include:-
- Lead and safely navigate through the year end process - 3 published set of accounts - full preparation and overseeing of y/e process in NOV / DEC
- Manage audit process JAN / FEB / MARCH
- Ability to lead the team ( c 20 people ), preserve stability, provide advice internally and liaise with external auditors
- Organise audit, deal with any issues, run and provide pace and structure to the y/e and audit timetable
- Review financials, review comment and consider and include all comments / direction via CFO / Audit Committee / Directors
- Review all final numbers and tie whole document together
- Hand over all duties to new Permanent Financial Accounting lead / Financial Controller.
The successful applicant will have a strong technical background with a financial accounting bias and a strong record of leading and staff management. You will be a comfortable communicator for internal advice and to liaise with external stakeholders. The ability to lead a team and provide structure, set the pace and co-ordiante the year end and then subsequent audit is crucial.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Hugh Almond at Sellick Parnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.