Greater Manchester, England
£55000 - £60000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Interim Head of Finance - (part time - 2 days per week). Ref no 915906
Salary: c£60k pro rata
Location: Greater Manchester, UK
Duration: 8 months
Due to a restructure and wholesale change, Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit an Interim Head of Finance for an eight month assignment for our client within the Education sector. This role is hands on, reporting to the Board and will oversee all the main Operational Finance duties ( including estates ) and clean and slicken the overall Accounting processes for timely delivery.
The key accountabilities for the Head of Finance will include:-
- Strategic financial planning, all aspects of financial, management and treasury accounting
- Lead on all financial and related compliance matters which may arise
- Lead role in terms of risk management, assurance and audit.
- Partnering non-finance staff within Estates division to provide advice and full commercial and financial analysis with subsequent recommendations
- Ad-hoc project work to support decision making and reporting to senior management
- Support budgeting and forecasting, identifying risks and opportunities
The successful applicant will have experience ideally within the Education sector and is happy to undertake a role initially for 2 days per week. You ideally will have a background of an all-round role which includes non-finance responsibility and a partnering approach. You will have reported and provided information directly to Board / Committee level previously. You will also be comfortable challenging and implementing change via improved efficiencies. An effective communicator is also essential to interpret budgetary and Management accounting information in order to best advise non-finance staff.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Stephanie Tasker, firstname.lastname@example.org - at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.