£250 - £310 per day
3 months ago
Role: Interim Head of Financial Accounting
Location: Derbyshire 2 days a week 3 days remote
Day rate : Up to £310
Length: 6 month initial contract
Sellick Partnership are currently looking to recruit a Interim Head of Financial Accounting to join one of our public sector clients.
Purpose of the Interim Head of Financial Accounting
The Head of Financial Accounting is responsible for developing and managing the financial services section within the Finance Department.
- Leading on the annual statutory NHS, subsidiaries and charitable funds accounts
- Technical accounting advice
- Leading on the modernisation of the function e.g. automation
- Financial governance
Main Responsibilities for the Interim Head of Financial Accounting
- To manage and develop the system for the forecast and control of the liquid assets of the Trust, subsidiaries and charitable funds.
- To ensure the Trust's and subsidiaries' liquidity levels are managed and reported.
- To ensure the Trust, subsidiaries and charitable funds have appropriate banking arrangements and that the Trust's Treasury Management Policy is adhered to.
- To lead the tendering process for commercial banking and external and internal audit services.
- To be responsible for leading and managing the preparation of the Trust's, subsidiaries and charitable funds statutory annual accounts including interpretation and application of the required accounting standards and SORP within the required deadlines.
- To ensure the maintenance of a robust financial control framework including leading the finance elements of the Annual Governance Statement.
- To be responsible for the maintenance of robust financial procedures and Standing Financial Instructions, ensuring that the Trust and subsidiary financial transactions/records comply with the above as well as with national requirements.
- To lead Trust and subsidiary compliance with Tax, National Insurance, IR35 and VAT regulations and ensuring that returns are submitted to HMRC.
- To attend appropriate forums to support the Trust including reports to the Audit and Risk Committee and ensuring good liaison with the Internal and External Audit services.
- To be responsible for ensuring that accurate Capital Accounting information is produced and that national guidance and accounting standards are applied
- To oversee the administration of the Trust's Charitable Funds and providing information as required by the Trustees.
- Interpret and understand NHSE/I and Statutory Accounting guidance for all financial reporting aspects for the Trust and subsidiaries, including the identification of the financial implications for the organisation.
- Actively check for changes in legislation, FT accounting regulations, assess the impact and potential benefit or cost to the Trust
- To be the Information Governance lead for Finance to ensure compliance with GDPR.
Currently recruiting now, take action and apply for immediate consideration.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.