South West England, England
£400 - £600 per day
about 1 month ago
6 months +
Interim Head of Legal Services
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for an experienced Interim Head of Legal Services on behalf of a busy Local Authority in the South West.
This role will provide support whilst the role is recruited to on a permanent basis and is anticipated to be for between 4-6 months + in duration.
- To lead and manage the Legal Team which delivers services which include: property, contracts & procurement, planning, employment, general company and commercial law, local government law, Housing, Anti-Social behaviour, criminal and civil enforcement, licensing, adult social care, child protection and children's services, general litigation, and Information Governance.
- Inspire and motivate this service to provide high quality and cost effective legal risk management and strategic legal advice to Corporate Directors, Cabinet and Council.
- To personally give expert legal advice and support on complex matters.
- To act as the Deputy Monitoring Officer and provide advice and guidance on the councils' constitutional requirements and general corporate governance framework.
- Qualified solicitor or barrister with substantial relevant post qualification experience
- Experience of providing advice at corporate board level
- Experience of managing a legal team
- Previous local government experience is highly desirable
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience for the position of Interim Head of Legal Services, please apply now or contact Natalie Ferguson in our Manchester office for more information.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.