Interim Procurement Business Partner
£400 - £600 per day
Role: Interim Procurement Business Partner
Location: Hybrid, one day per week in the office (East Midlands)
Day rate: £Negotiable depending on experience
Length: 5 months
Sellick Partnership are looking to recruit an Interim Procurement Business Partner and experienced category management specialist, to join one of our valued public sector clients who are a vital part of the Midlands infrastructure.
Purpose of the Interim Procurement Business Partner:
The Interim Procurement Business Partner will be responsible for a proactive business partner approach providing technical category management and procurement expertise to shape and influence decisions with senior stakeholders across the organisation. Required to translate the vision of the organisation into tangible procurement related goals and targets, managing performance through proactive planning, engagement and influence, taking key decisions, managing risk and regular communication.
Main responsibilities for the Interim Procurement Business Partner;
- Visible and trusted Business Partner for relevant areas - Corporate and Policy - which includes areas such as STEM, Professional Services, Modern Slavery, Sustainability, Policy etc.
- Providing a proactive procurement approach, providing direction and expert advice on all procurement and supplier management matters
- Lead responsibility for identifying and planning future procurement related activity
Leadership and Management
- Embed partnership working with both internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for the direct line management, succession planning and staff development
- Define and oversee procurement reporting to ensure informed decisions
Policy and Procurement Governance
- Expert advisor on all Procurement Policy and Procedures, supply chain and contract management best practice framework and relevant legislative and regulatory requirements impacting procurement
- Lead on establishing and implementing appropriate strategies relating to the wider impact of the organisations procurement activity
- Responsible for overseeing the design and delivery of training requirements relating to supplier engagement, procurement, category management and contract management
Procurement and Category Management Planning
- Establish, plan and implement 'end to end' category strategies
- Engage with stakeholders to develop a future procurement pipeline and influence internal stakeholders
- Lead problem resolution and commercial negotiations
Supplier Relationship Management
- Working with senior stakeholders on supplier relationship management for key suppliers
- Responsible for initiating and managing change in relationships with suppliers
- Support individual contract managers
- Proven experience in a senior procurement role in a large complex, public sector organisation
- Experience of leading and motivating a professional team, balancing multiple objectives and priorities
- Experience of leading and delivering highly complex, multi-million-pound procurement projects, end to end tenders and contract negotiations
- Proven commercial acumen gained in a complex environment with a significant annual procurement spend and expert professional knowledge of end to end Procurement Category Management and Contract Management.
- Expert knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements impacting procurement and experience of developing, embedding, and managing a complex governance framework and measures in a large organisation
- Proven experience of using technical skills and experience to manage procurement projects and resolve complex commercial issues often linked to conflicting priorities
- Sound understanding and proven experience of managing the wider impact of procurement activity relating to the local or regional economy, social value, sustainability and the environmental impact of supply chain activity
- Influencing decisions that have a strategic impact and developing networks that facilitate collaborative working across a range of sectors and disciplines
- Excellent communication skills, and evidence of influencing skills to secure changes in behaviour and support for approvals for key strategic decisions.
- Project Management Qualification (e.g. Prince 2) and experience
Currently recruiting now, take action and apply for immediate consideration and more information.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.