South Yorkshire, England
£150 - £200 per day
10 months ago
Sellick Partnership are exclusively working in association with a successful and growing Public Sector organisation in South Yorkshire, who are seeking an interim Senior Procurement Officer to join the team for a period of 3 / 4 months.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Senior Procurement Officer:
- Provide expertise, guidance and advice to stakeholders on the correct processes and procedures
- Ensure organisational wide compliance with regulations, policies and correct public sector legislation
- Support staff with contract management, monitor supplier performance and recommend changes where necessary
- Lead negotiations with suppliers
- Management of a Procurement Apprentice (allocation workload, etc)
- Supporting the tendering of contracts and issuing invitation to tender documentation
- Monitoring the current supplier database and identifying new opportunities
- Ensuring that both new and existing suppliers are fully vetted and compliant
The successful Senior Procurement Officer will:
- Have proven experience of working within a professional purchasing environment within the Public Sector
- Have the ability to analyse and interpret information/situations in order to recommend new ways forward
- Be forward thinking, analytical and ambitious
The role can either be offered on a full-time, or 3 day per week basis for the right candidate. Please note that we are looking for candidates with an Public Sector procurement background.
If you feel your experience matches the above criteria and are interested in this role, please send your CV to Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership or give me a call for a confidential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.