Greater Manchester, England
£250 - £300 per day
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership have been engaged to recruit for an Interim Senior Procurement Officer for a well-established Public Sector organisation based in Manchester.
The key aspects of the role include:
- Actively contributing to the development of projects and operational plans
- Provision of bespoke support to efficiently deliver a high quality service in relation to contracts management and procurement
- Be personally responsible for the management and delivery of specific specialist activities in line with corresponding OJEU legislation
- Offer expert advice and guidance to problem solve and address business issues
- Maintain the integrity of; and extract complex data from complex and varied sources to aid the production of reports to be used by key decision makers and senior management
- Build and develop relationships with key stakeholders across the organisation and multiple disciplines
- Hold responsibility for allocated budgets whilst fulfilling financial requirements and ensuring accurate and effective use of financial resources
- Act as procurement lead for specific projects and provide technical support to bolster projects with professional input
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Extensive and up-to-date knowledge of European Procurement Regulation/OJEU
- Will be CIPS qualified or an active CIPS studier
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with the ability to translate complex technical information to those of a non-procurement background
- Previous experience of working on Procurement Projects within the Public Sector and managing and coaching teams
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate a repertoire of previous experience in a similar role within the Public Sector and will have an up to date working knowledge and understanding of OJEU legislation. They will be available at short notice and be either CIPS qualified or actively studying towards the CIPS qualification.
If you believe that you fit the above description, please call Kirsty Duncan on 0161 834 1642 or send an email to Kirsty.duncan@SellickPartnership.co.uk
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.