£300 - £350 per day
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting a Tax Manager for an instantly recognisable international manufacturing business based in Greater Manchester. The business that we're working with have recently gone through a period of change and require a Tax Manager who's able to assist them over an 18 month period. The organisation have an established treasury function and require a seasoned interim to assist during a period of legislative change. The role will sit within the central finance function and will partner with a number of key stakeholders to provide value across a number of critical business areas.
Once in role the Tax Manager will report directly into the Group Head of Tax and will focus on a mix of tax compliance and tax planning focussing especially around corporate tax.
Specific duties in the role include:
- Prepare tax disclosures across the consolidated group accounts and UK statutory accounts
- Take ownership of tax compliance across the group (including corporate tax & VAT)
- Liaise with a range of internal stakeholders to provide tax advise and ensure the group is tax compliant
- Identify, manage and monitor potential areas of tax risk and identify opportunities going forward for the group
- Deliver monthly tax cash flow management and prepare the groups tax cash flow forecast
- Liaise with external advisors to prepare UK corporation tax computations
- Deliver and review the groups CRC report, CIR calculations and capital allowance claims
- Liaise with the treasury function to ensure appropriate tax treaty clearances are in place
- Assist with M&A activity and support key stakeholders around tax queries
- Maintenance of the group corporation tax summary
- Identify and implement improved controls across the division
- Monitor and provide advice on regulatory changes and the latest tax implications
Candidates wishing to apply for this role will be a tax specialist and either CTA or ACA qualified. The successful interim will ideally have experience of working in a group tax function and will be able to identify and roll out process improvements across the business. The interim will have strong technical and communication skills as they'll be liaising with key internal stakeholders across the organisation and will be overseeing a number of key projects on behalf of the senior management team. Strong technical tax skills and the ability to commit for the longevity of the 18 month contract are essential for this key client.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.