£18.00 - £22.00 per hour
11 months ago
Sellick Partnership are actively recruiting to an Interim Principle Auditor, for a duration of 3 months, to assist over their busy period. The purpose of the roe is to perform a broad range of audit assignments of a complex and often non-finance nature in addition to a broad range of routine audit assignments. You will be taking an extensive responsibility for the operational management of allocated audit plans.
Day to day duties of the role include:
- Communication is central to the job and is built upon the provision and receipt of routine, complex and sensitive information of a confidential nature. This will require tact and persuasion as well as a deep appreciation and understanding of complex client risks, systems and existing guidance.
- Discussions with senior and non-finance staff forms a substantial element of the job often concerning contentious and complicated financial, control and governance issues at a corporate level.
- Communication will involve negotiating with external agencies. The job involves significant involvement in persuading and negotiating the reasoning behind recommendations with senior staff, up to and including Board level, across a range of disciplines in order to arrive at an agreed position. Communication of audit findings and advice will be delivered through the drafting of discussion documents, reports and formal presentations.
- Perform all elements of a risk-based audit assignment over the range of routine internal audits across a number of clients as well as a broad range of complex/ad hoc audits often of a non-financial nature.
- Produce work to final report stage, setting out key control issues and recommendations.
- Discuss issues with client staff and produces final reports that can be personally taken to Audit Committee and Board level.
- Take a lead responsibility for supporting Audit Managers in the operational management of allocated audit plans.
- Conduct research on behalf of the function and the Agency to develop approaches to emerging auditable areas.
- Make recommendations as appropriate often involving significant proposed changes to working practices and procedures following policy implementation.
This role requires a candidate to demonstrate a full and mature understanding of NHS structure, policy, functions and systems together with the aptitude to build on that knowledge. You will need to demonstrate a full and mature understanding of audit and financial principles and practice together with the aptitude to build on that knowledge.
Must have very good oral and written communication skills to enable complicated audit and financial issues to be explained to a range of NHS staff, often at a senior level.
Must have the ability to negotiate and persuade, sometimes in a setting that is unresponsive or hostile to audit findings.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Internal Principal Auditors, please apply now.
Disclaimer: Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.