Newcastle upon Tyne
£42000 - £50000 per annum
3 months ago
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Internal Auditor to join a prestigios public sector organisation in Newcastle upon Tyne. The Internal Auditor will be responsible for delivering risk-based internal audit assignments, working with minimal supervision and in line with professional standards.
This business plays a leading role in economic, social and cultural development of the North East of England. Attracting and retaining high-calibre people is fundamental to their continued success.
- Carrying out a range of audits in accordance with professional standards with minimum supervision.
- Understanding of key processes and activities to identify risks, developing and executing tests of internal controls, suggesting recommendations for possible improvements to processes, procedures and controls, and drafting an audit report for agreement with the auditee.
- Providing advice and guidance to colleagues on internal control.
- Carrying out ad-hoc audits and special investigations (potential frauds, areas of management concern).
- Representation at miscellaneous meetings and to deputise for the Head of Internal Audit when required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Significant, recent internal auditing experience in increasingly challenging roles across all areas of internal auditing: systems, risk, IT, contracts, VFM.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of risk management, internal control and internal audit practices.
- The ability to quickly understand policies and procedures and apply accounting and auditing principles. Good analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions from audit fieldwork, and make suggestions as to possible improvements to internal control.
The successful candidate will recieve a competitive salary with incremental payscales, a generous pension an at least 37 days holiday including public holidays.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Helen Dodds in our Newcastle office for a confidential discussion. The closing date for applications is Friday 27th May.
Do you know someone who is looking for a new job? Why not recommend them to Sellick Partnership and earn up to £1,000?
For every friend or colleague you refer that is placed by us, we will give you £100 worth of vouchers. If you refer more than one candidate to us within a 12 month period we will increase your reward accordingly. T&Cs apply, please see our website for further details.
Sellick Partnership is a marketleading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.