Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£45000 - £55000 per annum
9 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently working to recruit an Internal Auditor for a well known public sector organisation in Newcastle upon Tyne. As an Internal Auditor, you'll be part of a dedicated team undertaking audit assignments in accordance with professional standards.
You will need to demonstrate significant Internal Audit experience across a broad range of areas (operational and financial audits, IT, VFM and risk).
Key Responsibilities -
- Carrying out a range of audits in accordance with professional standards with minimum supervision. This involves obtaining an understanding of key processes and activities to identify risks, developing and executing tests of internal controls, suggesting recommendations for possible improvements to processes, procedures and controls, and drafting an audit report for agreement with the auditee
- Providing advice and guidance to colleagues on internal control
- Carrying out ad-hoc audits and special investigations (potential frauds, areas of management concern);
occasional grant certification work
- Representation at miscellaneous meetings and to deputise for the Head of Internal Audit when required.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience -
- Significant, recent internal auditing experience in increasingly challenging roles across all areas of internal auditing: systems, risk, IT, contracts, VFM.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of risk management, internal control and internal audit practices.
- The ability to quickly understand policies and procedures and apply accounting and auditing principles.
- Good analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions from audit fieldwork, and make suggestions as to possible improvements to internal control.
If you'd like to work for an innovative company who plays a leading role in economic, social and cultural development of the North East then please get in touch with Helen Dodds at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.