West Midlands, England
£26000 - £30000 per annum
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for an Internal Auditor for a Local Authority based in Worcester.
The successful candidate will need to use their specialist, technical and professional knowledge to help deliver a high-quality customer service and ensure the council can meet its relevant statutory obligations in accordance with relevant legislation, codes of practice and other regulatory bodies.
- Undertake and report on a wide range of audits, consultancy reviews, special and fraud investigations, for delivery within defined budgets and target deadlines
- Develop the audit objectives and testing plans, lead and ensure best practice is consistently applied for audit reviews, with significant autonomy over working arrangements
- Through the maintenance of professional relationships and negotiation with management personnel, secure appropriate responses to audit challenges and recommendations from partners/ clients and escalate contentious issues
Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Local Authority background in internal auditing
- Varied background and practical experience of risk-based audit assignments
- Good engagement, communication, analytical, video conferencing and interviewing skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and in a flexible way
- Create, maintain and foster excellent working relationships with clients
- Work with minimal supervision and be a good 'team player'
- Computer auditing skills would be of particular interest
- Institute of Internal Auditors, CCAB or equivalent (Part/Fully Qualified)
Please note that this position will be a mix of remote working and office based and the salary is £26,226 to £29,258. If you would like to apply for this Internal Auditor role, please get in contact with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.