£55000 - £65000 per annum
5 months ago
12 months FTC
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit for a specialist accounting systems position for this fast paced successful European Insurance Group on a 12 month FTC.
A key business role within the Finance Investment Operations Dept. where the successful candidate will be responsible for all transactions of the bespoked Investment system including operational accounting and controls. You would ensure that all investment transactions would be uploaded, processed and reconciled then deal with any issues whilst being responsible for ensuring controls are completed on a daily and monthly basis.
The role :
- Document and maintain Investment system operating processes and procedures ensuring smooth flow of transactions, ensuring reconciliation to other finance and reporting systems
- Control and maintain Investment system operating model
- Responsible for monthly delivery of Investment Accounting transactions to all relevant business entities
- Quarterly delivery of Investment Solvency II data and Risk / Actuarial Solvency II reporting
- Partner stakeholders to ensure smooth running of information and projects
- Daily and month end reporting
- Embed risk culture and control framework across Group with remedial action
- Various ad-hoc tasks eg. Updating changes to operating model
The person :
- Technical ability with detailed knowledge of Investment systems and their workings, will demonstrate recent experience within a similar role
- The ability to 'hit ground running' and work autonomously especially in a remote situation and work towards tight deadlines
- A good communicator to support various teams and be aware of the 'knock on' chain of information should any problems arise
- Technical accounting background ideally at least to part-qualified level.
- Extensive knowledge of Data and IT flows within an organisation, ability to work alongside other teams linked to Investment Accounting
- Ability to run and control a Group Investment Finance Operating Model
- Able to thrive within environment of change and pace
- Experience of relevant accounting, ideally have covered IFRS and Solvency II reporting.
- Strong analytical skills to produce reports on ad-hoc basis
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this opportunity then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact John Thistlethwaite at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website