Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£49000 - £52000 per annum
9 months ago
Sellick Partnership are recruiting for an Investment Officer to join a well-established organisation based in Wolverhampton on a permanent basis.
The purpose of the permanent Investment Officer will be to support the Assistant Director of Investments & Finance with asset allocation and the strategic investment management of the Pension Fund. To deputise for the Assistant Director on investment related matters where appropriate.
PURPOSE OF THE INVESTMENT OFFICER:
- To provide strategic investment advice and support to the Assistant Director, Investments and Finance and the Director of Pensions. To contribute to the formulation of the investment strategy and investment advisory service for the Funds.
- To support the development and monitoring of the Investment Strategy Statement and make recommendations on potential changes as appropriate.
- Investigative analysis and monitoring of investment issues across portfolios/investments including responsible investment issues.
- Identifying factors which have a significant impact on portfolios/investments, both beneficial and detrimental. Making recommendations to improve performance and/or reduce risk.
- To be responsible for sourcing, researching and carrying out due diligence within asset classes, and recommending suitable investment selection decisions.
THE SUITABLE CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Education to a degree standard or equivalent relevant experience.
- Investment experience and demonstrated investment competence.
- Significant experience of investment related work at a senior level within the private or public sector
- Demonstrable ability to understand and interpret economic and investment issues and apply strategic thinking
- In-depth knowledge of investments and use of financial software and understanding of performance measurement.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the wider impact of decisions taken across the investment spectrum
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Alex Rowland.
*Interviews will be taking place immediately*
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice