City of London, London
£45000 - £50000 per annum
6 months ago
Sellick Partnership has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced IT Category Manager to join a dynamic, entrepreneurial and growing FTSE 100 multinational company. They have entities in multiple sectors with enormous amounts of success and opportunity.
The ideal IT Category Manager will have:
- The successful candidates will have proven IT Category / Procurement Management experience,
- CIPS level 3, 4, 5 or 6 qualified - high desirable
- Managed budgets of up to £1million
Purpose of the IT Category Manager:
As a key member of Indirect Sourcing and Procurement Team your objectives are to build and lead delivery of the IT Strategies, ensuring consistent and effective sourcing (external and internal); risk management and innovation to simplify the supply chain.
- Responsible for leading cross-functional teams of operational stakeholders, sourcing and commercial managers through the sourcing process to deliver breakthrough results that deliver commercial advantage.
- Work with the Indirect Regional Heads to develop and deliver a clear category strategy for the Group.
- Responsible for ensuring suppliers provide value for money and business benefit to the company, including innovative proposals.
- Expected to have in depth knowledge of commercial and contract management trends in the respective supply markets to apply best practice to supplier management.
- Develop relationships with existing Suppliers that leverage spend to reduce costs whilst delivering innovation and benefit to our business.
- Develop new strategic relationships with new suppliers and partners to meet customer needs and requirements.
- Lead cost management exercises to identify waste and drive immediate savings in external costs.
- Identify opportunities to exploit economies of scale (group leverage, standardization, normalisation of suppliers etc.)
- Working with Business Partners and stakeholders to gain an in-depth understanding of the industry and related Divisional business models is essential.
- The role is critical in driving improved customer experiences and reducing risk through the supply base within the categories.
The Daily duties of the IT Category Manager will consist of but not be limited to:
- Work with the Regional Indirect Procurement Heads to deliver a long-term Category vision, with a clear strategy and operating plan, supporting the Category Team's objectives to the Group, business strategy and improving the measurable contribution of the Team to business performance.
- Direct accountability and responsibility for the development and delivery of the relevant sub Category Strategies.
- To implement Supplier Relationship Management as an effective and efficient process, ensuring compliance with all policies, minimum standards and governance/risk mechanisms.
- To ensure that all supplier agreements are effectively implemented by the Managers within the category team.
- To work with staff within the Divisions to ensure all procurement activity aligns as effectively as possible to corporate goals and deliver continuous improvement and innovation.
- To have insight and understanding of business requirements and relevant supply market developments on a 1-3 year horizon.
- Results and Performance: To be accountable for the quality and effectiveness of delivery measured by an agreed balanced scorecard to achieve service and financial outcomes.
- Fully understand the Divisional business model, how the various businesses deliver value to customer and how that service is supported cost effectively by 3rd party providers.
- Review contracts and sourcing activities relative to the Divisional business strategy.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.