Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£45000 - £50000 per annum
8 months ago
Sellick Partnership are working alongside a public sector client to recruit an interim IT Procurement Manager. The successful individual should be able to commence employment as soon as possible for a period of 6 months. As IT Procurement Manager you will develop, manage and execute the strategic IT Procurement activities for the business.
- Manage and execute complex IT procurement projects including identifying the most appropriate route to market, carrying out tendering activities and leading negotiations to establish the required contractual relationships and ensure that IT procurement spend is strategically managed to achieve value for money and continuous improvement in service delivery.
- Provide professional procurement support to v services to enable delivery of their IT projects.
- Support the Head of Procurement in delivering value for money across the IT category by implementing the IT category plan, both through the achievement of direct procurement savings, and indirect via value-add initiatives
- Ensure all IT procurement activity complies with the University's b Financial Regulations and its associated policies, including achieving value for money and meeting our sustainability and socio-economic values.
- Plan and manage contract management and strategic supplier relationship management activities as to ensure that the optimum performance and value is achieved, and the expected benefits are realised from all contractual relationships.
You should have knowledge of current procurement standards and best practice, expert knowledge in all areas of the IT Category (software, SaaS, Cloud, Network, Hardware, Telephony and Services), be experienced in all aspects IT procurement, including setting up and running tenders and negotiating with suppliers on price and related commercial terms.
If you're interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Helen Dodds at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.