IT Procurement Specialist
South Yorkshire, England
£200 - £300 per day
A large, successful and growing Local Authority in South Yorkshire are currently seeking an interim IT Procurement Specialist for a minimum period of 6 months. These positions are crucial to the future growth & development of the Organisation, and playing a key part in an exciting project.
Duties & Responsibilities of the IT Procurement Specialist:
- Sourcing, negotiating and procuring of IT software, hardware and infrastructure
- Assisting the Head of Procurement & Supplier Management to achieve the planned growth and mobilisation of impending IT projects
- Market analysis and bench-marking activities to ensure that best value for money is being achieved and obtained
- Contract management and devising exit strategies
- Negotiate terms, conditions and pricing with legal and stakeholder support and ensure value for money and most appropriate commercial relationship and pricing model
- Preparing brief and bid documents, managing the supplier selection process and pricing analysis, and assessing supplier capability, capacity and financial standing
- Implementation of the agreed procurement and contract management strategy
- Responsibility for change management, risk management, dispute resolution, document management, contingency planning, exit planning, managing key contractual events (e.g. periodic price reviews), that are suitable for (internal and external) audit purposes and all of which impact on service for non-strategic contracts
- Monitor, manage and report on performance indicators and provide statistical returns as required
- Ensuring that best practice supplier relationship management is in place and applied over the life of the contract
The successful IT Procurement Specialist will have:
- Strong IT procurement experience (software, hardware & infrastructure)
- Experience of Procurement and Contract Management including commercial negotiation of significant value and/or risk
- Well-developed procurement and contract management skills in order to prepare and deliver a strategy as well as a detailed contracting programme involving some complex tendering and contract management processes
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong ability to prioritise, delegate and work towards achieving difficult objectives
If you feel your experience matches the above criteria and are interested in this role, please send your CV to Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership or give me a call for a confidential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccesful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.