West Midlands, England
8 months ago
A large, successful and growing Organisation in the West Midlands are currently seeking two interim IT Procurement Specialists for a minimum period of 6 months, likely to go on for 12 months. These positions are crucial to the future growth & development of the Organisation, and is a fantastic challenge.
Duties & Responsibilities of the IT Procurement Specialist:
- Sourcing, negotiating and procuring of IT software, hardware and infrastructure
- Assisting the Head of Procurement & Supplier Management to achieve the planned growth and mobilisation of impending IT projects
- Market analysis and bench-marking activities to ensure that best value for money is being achieved and obtained
- Negotiate terms, conditions and pricing with legal and stakeholder support and ensure value for money and most appropriate commercial relationship and pricing model
- Preparing brief and bid documents, managing the supplier selection process and pricing analysis, and assessing supplier capability, capacity and financial standing
- Implementation of the agreed procurement and contract management strategy
- Responsibility for change management, risk management, dispute resolution, document management, contingency planning, exit planning, managing key contractual events (e.g. periodic price reviews), that are suitable for (internal and external) audit purposes and all of which impact on service for non-strategic contracts
- Monitor, manage and report on performance indicators and provide statistical returns as required
- Ensuring that best practice supplier relationship management is in place and applied over the life of the contract
The successful IT Procurement Specialist will have:
- Strong IT procurement experience (software, hardware & infrastructure)
- Experience of Procurement and Contract Management including commercial negotiation of significant value and/or risk
- Well-developed procurement and contract management skills in order to prepare and deliver a strategy as well as a detailed contracting programme involving some complex tendering and contract management processes
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong ability to prioritise, delegate and work towards achieving difficult objectives
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a large, successful Organisation on a challenging and long-term assignment. This position offers excellent rates, longevity and would be a welcome addition to a CV.
If you feel your experience matches the above criteria and are interested in this role, please send your CV to Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership or give me a call for a confidential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.