£30000.00 - £30171.60 per annum
9 months ago
Joiner - Fire Door Installer
Staffordshire (Travel required)
Permanent, 40 hours per week
£30k+ (Plus a company Van)
Are you experienced in fire door installation? Are you based near Staffordshire?
We are currently working with a local social housing organisation, who are looking for an experienced Joiner to join their team carrying out fire door installation works on a permanent basis.
Duties of the Joiner role will include, but is not limited to:
- Carrying out inspections, identifying any remedial works required in accordance with good guidance for robustness and integrity - particularly around fire doors, door closers, hinges and door hardware
- Carrying out all the traditional duties of a multi-skilled tradesman, including, Carpentry plus related finishes, and making good repairs, as instructed
- Ensuring all work areas are left clean and safe at the close of each day's work shift
- Ensuring appropriate safety signage is deployed during any works
- Including external/internal repairs to tenanted properties and schemes as identified within the FRA
- Carrying out work according to instructions and to a high quality standard, and to meet appointments and targets set out within the repairs policy, to keep materials usage to a minimum consistent with required quality standards,
- Ensuring that work is carried out in accordance with all Health and Safety at Work Regulations and codes of practice, including wearing protective clothing and safety equipment as supplied, and to all attend training as requested
- Ensuring that all Health and Safety policies and procedures are implemented at all times on site
The successful candidate will have:
- Competent joiner skills to fit or repair Fire Doors to regulations and required tolerances to a high standard of quality
- Relevant Trade qualifications or experience
- Experience in undertaking multi-skilled tasks, including a good standard of carpentry, glazing and door installation skills
- Some experience of plastering preferred but not essential
- A clean full UK drivers licence
What can the Joiner role offer you?
- The option to join our contributory pension scheme
- 25 days' holiday, increasing with each year of service + bank holidays
- A company vehicle
- Hand and power tools for your role
- Career progression within a sector-leading business
- A comprehensive induction programme and excellent learning opportunities; with mandatory and specialist training available
If you believe that you are well-suited to the role of Joiner, please apply. For additional information, please contact Danni Kemp at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.